TEXT WISH TO 70085 TO DONATE £3 PER MONTH
Restrictions on wishes we can grant
Please read below for details of restrictions around the wishes we can currently grant. This information will be reviewed and updated on a regular basis to reflect any changes to the wish types that we can offer.
Please note that we are not able to guarantee what a wish will include until you have spoken with your Wishgranter who will research budget and other factors we need to consider (like safety and delivery, for example).
- Make-A-Wish does not grant wishes outside of the UK.
- Make-A-Wish is not liable or able to provide any ongoing costs or subscriptions for ‘To Have’ wishes.
- For us to able to grant a wish for every eligible child, please note we do have budget restrictions in place, Make-A-Wish is unable to accept any contributions towards the wish.
Wishes we're currently unable to grant
We're sorry that we're currently unable to grant the following wishes:
- Garden makeovers and outdoor spaces
- Summerhouses / sheds
- Electrical and building renovations
- Medical equipment, including wheelchairs, or specialist buggies
- Wheelchair adaptations
- Travel outside the UK
- To own a pet
- To own a motor vehicle
- UK holidays
- Theme parks/zoos
- London city breaks
"To Meet" wishes
When organising celebrity wishes we'll contact the relevant celebrity’s management team, and if a warm response is not received within three months, we'll ask you to choose an alternative wish.
All celebrity wishes are granted by video message or video/phone call only.
Due to celebrities’ busy schedule, the virtual wish will often take place at short notice and we cannot guarantee what the experience will involve or how long will be spent with the chosen celebrity. Occasionally, celebrity wishes take place as group meets with other wish children on the same virtual call.
We ask that families do not contact the celebrity themselves as this can jeopardise the likelihood of the video call/message taking place. If a celebrity can provide a video message or participate in a video/phone call this should not be publicised without the consent of the celebrity. These conversations will take place again with your Wishgranter.
There are some celebrities that are not able to grant wishes, this can be discussed in more detail with your Wishgranter.